Celebrity Eclipse ship review

Of all the mega-ships that have launched in the last few years (and they are legion), Celebrity Cruises’ Solstice-class ships are my personal favorites. Sexy design, thoughtful staterooms, a fabulous spa, and appealing restaurants are all welcome ship amenities in my book. Celebrity Cruises is not a luxury line, but this 'Premium' cruise experience is a very good value. The Celebrity Eclipse debuted in April 2010 and like her Solstice-class sisters (Celebrity Solstice 2008, Celebrity Equinox 2009, Celebrity Silhouette 2011 and coming in 2012 is Celebrity Reflection) she has unique features like the Lawn Club (croquet anyone?).


Lawn Club

I had an opportunity to tour her in Florida this year, and fell madly in love with the decor. Stylish and contemporary, each public room had delightful details that invited me to join the fun.  Every chair beckoned me to 'sit here!' Whimsical lighting features almost winked at me. I was charmed.  

Order from an iPad menu at Qsine


Quasar nightclub has a retro space-age vibe

Make no mistake, these ships aren't for everyone. If the urban martini connoisseur crowd is not to your taste and you have no desire to try a sushi lollipop, then this is may not be the ship for you. Staterooms were designed by a coterie of travel industry insiders, mostly women, to create a luxurious experience with careful attention to detail. Clearly, I am their target market!

It's 5 o'clock somewhere...

I will be sailing on the Celebrity Silhouette's inaugural cruise from New York this November, and I can't wait!
Click here for my photos
Click here for the latest Celebrity Cruises specials.

Popular posts from this blog

Norwegian Breakaway review, inaugural cruise

Regent Cruises, Seven Seas Explorer Ship Review

Allure of the Seas Ship Review