Tahiti Day 1.

Friday May 2.

My flight itinerary had a major schedule change yesterday, and my new plane leaves 2 hours earlier than anticipated. Luckily, I followed my own advice (see April posting “avoid travel nightmares”). So I left the house in Ithaca a bit after 7am to catch the 720am bus to JFK. Got there about 2pm. Check-in and security were a breeze. They changed our departing gate 3 times but we left almost on time. The America Airlines flight to LA is completely full. The Air Tahiti Nui flight was also full, and on-time.

Day 2. Saturday May 3.

Golly, what a day. After 30 hours of traveling, we arrived in Tahiti. They gave us day rooms at the Sheraton Tahiti Resort, so we were able to shower (priceless!). Then we toured the resort and had breakfast, ferried to Moorea, toured of the Moorea Pearl, ate lunch. We had 45 min to get ready for dinner before the bus departed for the InterContinental for the resort tour and dinner show.

It's 11pm Tahiti time and we've been going non-stop since 530am! My computer tells me it's 5am back home, which means I've been running nearly 48 hours without sleeping in a bed!

My Garden bungalow has a private pool, so I took a quick dip during the 45-min break. The night sky is amazing and I've seen the Southern Cross! Saw dolphins and sea turtles at the InterContinental. Tomorrow is almost as busy...

Popular posts from this blog

Norwegian Breakaway review, inaugural cruise

Regent Cruises, Seven Seas Explorer Ship Review

Allure of the Seas Ship Review