Quarantini Recipe

It's Day 35 of the CoronaVirus lockdown here in Valencia, Spain. The only thing I'm still truly savoring are my nightly Quarantinis. Since we're all going to be stuck here for a few more weeks at least, I decided to share the recipe. I hope you enjoy!


Quarantini Recipe

  • Fill a saucepan with water and put it on the stove to boil
  • Peel a two-inch piece of Ginger and add slices to the water. Boil for 5-10 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, slice 1 lemon and put rounds in a pitcher. Pour hot water with the ginger into the pitcher over the lemon slices.
  • Add 2 herbal teabags (“Ginger-Lemongrass” or "Lemon Zinger").
  • Stir in one (or two) generous tablespoons of honey. 
  • Put pitcher in the fridge.  

Your first round can be a hot toddy, served warm in a mug (just add gin to taste).

When it’s cold, you get a Quarantini. Just add gin to taste. A martini glass is a 1-1 ratio; but I tend to to serve it in a big wine glass with 1 shot gin and the rest Ginger Lemon Tea. 

It's super-healthy and warming, and it makes me recall this perfect day in Amalfi in August of 2017.  Jorge and I were hosting a Windstar cruise in the Mediterranean on the Star Breeze, and we visited the Hotel Santa Caterina while in port. Each sip of my Quarantini reminds me of the the sea views from their lovely terrace, the smell of the lemon trees, and the feel of the warm sun.


Go ahead, it's 5 o'clock somewhere. 
Here are My Photos from our afternoon at the Hotel Santa Caterina.

Popular posts from this blog

Norwegian Breakaway review, inaugural cruise

Regent Cruises, Seven Seas Explorer Ship Review

Allure of the Seas Ship Review