Day 3 in Vancouver

I took the Aquabus ferry from Yaletown to Granville Island to explore the local artisans’ studios, along with boutiques, cafes and restaurants. The Granville Island Public Market was my favorite experience, with produce stalls selling baskets piled high with gooseberries, blueberries, black berries and rasberries. The Fish mongers had live spot prawns and Dungeness crabs. I wish I bought more of the Smoked Salmon Candy, lots more (so yummy).

Back at the OPUS Hotel, I borrowed a complimentary bike and headed to Stanley Park. This 1000-acre waterfront park is the gem of Vancouver. A seawall promenade includes a bike lane and the views were stunning - pine forest, pond with swans, giant rhododendrons, and snow-capped mountains in the distance.  I passed a charming lighthouse, totem poles, Lions Gate Bridge and several beaches. The bike trail continued even after the park ended, so I followed the water along False Creek back to the hotel.

Almost the entire waterfront is developed as parks with bike lanes and lots of recreation areas. And these folks take their recreation seriously: on a Tuesday afternoon when it was 61 degrees with a 50% chance of rain, I saw folks paddle boarding, dragon canoeing, kayaking, running, walking, roller blading, skate boarding, playing beach volleyball, swimming in the public pool and of course cycling.

Click here for my Photos of Vancouver.

Popular posts from this blog

Norwegian Breakaway review, inaugural cruise

Regent Cruises, Seven Seas Explorer Ship Review

Allure of the Seas Ship Review